It a very tradional gravy in tamilnadu.Its very special in villages.The main Ingredient in this gravy is tarmarind.You can add durmstick also if you want.
1/2tsp Fenugreek seeds
2 Medium size onion
2 Medium size tomato
2tbsps Coriander powder
1tbsp Chilli powder
1tsp Ginger-garlic paste
2 Lemon size tarmarind(soaked in hot water for 10 mts & take the juice)
or 2 tbsps Tarmarind concentrate
3tbsps Coconut Paste
Salt for taste
Curry leaves for garnishing
1. Pre-heat the oil in a kadai & put the fenugreek seeds & let them splutter.
2. Add the chopped onion & fry till slight golden brown add the ginger-garlic paste & fry for 5-6 mts.
3. Add the chopped tomato & fry it for 6-7 mts.Now,add the spices,brinjal & Potato cook the vegetables in the masala for next 5-6mts.
4. Then pour the tarmarind water & a cup of water & cook the gravy till the potato cooks.
5. Finally, add the coconut paste & cook for next 7-8mts.Garnish it with curry leaves.
6. The gravy is ready you can serve hot with rice,roti.