This is one of my comfort food. I love this with hot rice and ghee.
Ingredients1/2 cup Moong Dhaal (split red lentils) 1 packet Baby Spinach 1 1/2 cup Water 2 Onions, chopped 5 Garlic pods, chopped 1/2 tin Chopped Tomatoes 1 tsp Cumin Seeds 2 tsp Garam masala
- Add 2 tsp of oil in the pressure cooker. When its hot, add the cumin seeds and wait till its browned.
- Add the onions and stir till its light brown in colour.
- Add the garam masala, garlic and tomatoes and stir till the oil comes up.
- Now add spinach in batches till its coated.
- Add the dhaal followed by water.
- Close the pressure cooker and keep it for about 4 whistles.
- Serve hot with ghee