I wanted to make a beetroot subzi without the coconut in it. So i thought why not experiment with it. And this is the subzi i ended up with. It had a little bit sour taste due to the tomatoes.
IngredientsBeetroot – 8 small ones Onions – 1, chopped Tomato – 1 can, chopped Curry leaves – 2 stalks Tarka – mustard seeds, urad dhaal, channa dhaal
- Add little oil in the wok.
- Add the tarka and wait till the mustard seeds pops up and dhaal gets browned.
- Add the curry leaves.
- Add onions and stir till it gets browned.
- Now add the tomatoes and stir till the oil floats on top.
- Add Salt to taste.
- Finally add the beetroot and stir till cooked.
- Serve hot with rice.