IngredientsBoiled eggs – 7 Small onions – 12 to 20 Chopped Tomato – 1 can Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp Tamarind powder – 2 tsp salt to taste To Paste : Coriander seeds – 2 tsp dried red chillies – 4 Garlic – 4 cloves Ginger – 1 inch Curry Leaves – few Rice – 2 tsp Pepper corns – 2 tsp Fennel seeds – 1 tsp Cumin seeds – 2 tsp Grated coconut – 8 tsp
- Hard boil the eggs in water and cut it in lengthwise.
- In a medium flame, add little oil and add the ‘to paste’ ingredients except the coconut. Fry till the rice becomes pure white.
- Finally add the coconut and fry for a minute.
- Grind all the fried ingredients with water and make a fine paste.
- Add oil in kadai and then fry the small onions till its browned and cooked.
- Add the tomatoes and saute it for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the turmeric, salt, tamarind, ground paste and a cup of water.
- Cook in a medium flame for about 10 minutes.
- Then add the eggs into the curry and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot with plain rice.