This is my version of mango dhal.
IngredientsMango – 1 Moong Dhal – 1 cup Oil – 2 tsp Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds – 1 tsp Asafoetida/hing – a pinch Curry leaves – 2 stalks Turmeric – 1/2 tsp Garlic, chopped – 6 pods Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Peel the outer cover of the mango and slice them in thin pieces.
- In the pressure cooker, add the oil and when it is hot add the mustard seeds
- After the mustard seeds pop, add the cumin seeds followed by asafoetida.
- Add the garlic and fry till they turn light brown.
- Add the curry leaves & turmeric.
- Then add the sliced mango & ghee and toss them for minute.
- Now add the dhal and 3 cups of water.
- Close the cooker and wait for 6 whistle.
- Serve hot with rice.