I baked this for hubby’s b’day 🙂 .
Ingredients300 g Pecan halves 150 g Stoneless Dates 200 g Butter, Softened plus extra for greasing 200 g Light Muscovado Sugar 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder 4 Eggs, beaten 150 g Self Raising Flour
- Pit 100 g pecans into a food processor and whizz until fine, then tip into a bowl.
- Put the dates into a small pan with enough water to cover and boil for 5 minutes until very soft. Drain, discarding the liquid, then whizz in the food processor until smooth.
- Heat oven to 180 deg C. Butter & line the base of the cake tin.
- Beat the butter, sugar & spice together until light & creamy, then tip in teh dates, ground pecans, eggs & a pinch of salt. Beat briefly until smooth.
- Fold the flour with a metal spoon, then spoon into the tine and level the top. Sprinkle the remaining nuts over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until risen & golden and a skewer comes out clean.