IngredientsMoong Dhal – 1/2 cup Rice – 1/2 cup Milk – 1 cup Dessicated Coconut – 3 tbsp Cashew nuts, raisins – 2 tbsp (or more if you like) Cardamom – 3 pods Jaggery (depends on how sweet you want) Ghee – 3 tbsp
P.S. This is perfect for serving 2 people and if you have left overs you can keep them in the fridge and have them the next day.
- Fry the moong dhal till it becomes light brown.
- Soak rice & dhal separately for 10 minutes.
- Pressure cook them both in the cooker with the right amount of water (about 2 cups).
- Fry cashews, raisins & the coconut separately in little bit of ghee.
- Add the jagery into very little water and boil till they become syrup.
- Add the milk in the cooker and cook them without the lid till the milk is absorbed.
- Then add the syrup and cook till it gets absorbed again.
- Finally add the ghee and powdered cardamom and cook for about 5 min.
- Add the fried cashews, raisins & coconut.
- Serve hot with some ghee on top 🙂 .