I love chettinad dishes because it has unique flavouring to it. I usually made Chettinad Chicken but i thought this vegetarian version would be loved by some 🙂 . This is my version. I love this subzi and its perfect with plain rice (I am drooling just thinking about it).
Ingredients800 gms – Bhindi/Lady’s finger/Okra 2 – Onions, Chopped 5 – Garlic pods 1 – Chopped Tomato can 1/2 tsp – Turmeric Powder 4 – Stalk of Curry leaves Salt to taste Roast & Grind 2 tsp – Poppy seeds 5 tbsp – Dessicated Coconut 1 tsp – Fennel seeds 1 tsp – Coriander seeds 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds 8 – Whole dry red chillies 1 inch – Cinnamon stick 3 – Green Cardamom pods 2 – Cloves 1/2 – Star Anise
- Fry the bhindi in about 5 tbsp of oil till its done. Keep it separately in a bowl.
- Then roast and the grind the ingredients.
- In a kadai, add a little bit of oil and some curry leaves. Stir it for sometime.
- Add the onions and stir it becomes light brown followed by garlic, turmeric and tomatoes.
- Stir till the oil comes up.
- Then add the grinded ingredients and stir for about 2 min.
- Then add the fried bhindi and toss it for about 2 min.
- If you find it too spicy, add about 3 tbsp of yoghurt.