I was reading a book about Indian Beauty and I found these beauty tips which I thought would benefits lot of people. I recognise most of the ingredients in it as I used to do this kind of natural remedies long time ago and I am thinking of taking it up again because I have been having some skin problems lately. These are all traditional remedies for the skin in India.
- Turmeric or dry haldi is common beauty/antiseptic ingredient in India. South Indian ladies apply them to their face before they bathe. I used to use this on my breakouts/pimples as well. The remedy for pimple/breakout is a teaspoon of haldi/Turmeric (we usually buy this from Ayurvedic shops which is like a dried root rather than the cooking variety which is a powder), 2 strands of Saffron and powder them in mortar and pestle. Then add a teaspoon of unboiled milk and mix them into a paste. Apply this on the breakout and leave them for an hour. Doing this everyday will heal them without leaving a mark.
- Multani mitti or Fuller’s earth is a grey coloured clay and they are the best treatment for pimples. Just take a pinch and make it into a paste with water and apply on top of the pimple. This will dry the pimple up without any scars.
- Pistachio is a good treatment for under eye circles. Grind some pistachio nuts with milk and apply to the delicate area around the eyes. Wash it off in half an hour. This is one the long-term remedies for under eye circles.
- Almonds is also good for the skin. Take 2 almonds, teaspoon of poppy seeds, a teaspoon of milk and a quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder. Make it into a paste and apply them every day before taking a bath. This is great to get a blemish free skin.
- When you do get blemish, the quick remedy is Grind the whole black lentils or masoor dhal with a little Ghee or Clarified butter and milk. Use the paste for 7 days and you will get good results.
I am going to try these natural ones and will let you know about the results. I remember using turmeric and sandalwood on my pimples during my teenage years. I am going to stick to natural remedies for my skin this month 🙂 .