I found this recipe from a food blogger Maria’s Menu 🙂 . Her website is fabulous and I love to try new recipes from different bloggers. I first saw this recipe in Show me the Curry video and decided to visit the original blogger from where they took and modified the recipe. I didn’t do any major modification but used ingredients which I had.
IngredientsChicken legs – 8 Small Onions – 450 g (Frozen) Curry leaves – 1/2 cup Garlic – 5 pods, sliced Ginger – 1 inch, sliced Green chillies – 5 Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp Dried red Chillies – 6, sliced Dessicated Coconut – 7 tbsp Onions – 1 sliced Tomatoes – Chopped, 1/2 can Turmeric – 1 tsp Red chilli powder – 3 tsp (degi mirch), for colour Salt to taste
- Add little oil in the pan and saute the curry leaves.
- Add the small onions and fry till they are light brown.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chillies, and fry till everything is golden brown.
- In a different pan, add about 1/2 tsp of oil and add coriander seeds and dried red chillies and fry it till it get little bit browned.
- Then add the dessicated coconut and fry it till it gets golden brown
- Now grind all the ingredients to a fine paste.
- In the same pan, add little bit of oil and fry the onions till its browned
- Followed by tomatoes, turmeric, red chilli powder and salt.
- Fry till the oil gets separated.
- Then add the paste and stir for about 3 min. Add water if necessary, depending on how thick you want the gravy.
- Add chicken and close the pan and let it cook for about 15 min.
- Then open the lid and let it cook till the chicken is cooked.
- Serve it hot with basmati rice 🙂 .
P.S. Vegetarians – This gravy is fantastic and you can add potatoes, carrots and peas. Cut the veggies into a chunky size and it is fantastic with rice. Maybe add baby potatoes like the dum aloo 🙂 .