This has been taken from Traditional Sweets by Mallika Badrinath.
IngredientsDehusked white sesame seeds – 1 cup Sugar – 1 cup Ghee – 2 tblsp Cooking soda – a pinch
- Dry roast sesame seeds little at a time till it puffs up. Take care not to discolor it.
- Heat ghee and sugar together in a heavy frying pan.
- Reduce flame and stir just once or twice till sugar is melted completely.
- Remove from fire and quickly mix the sesame seeds and cooking soda.
- Apply ghee to rolling pin and on top of a thick plastic sheet.
- Pour nut mixture on top of the sheet and quickly, roll it with rolling pin.
- Cut into pieces when it is still warm.