You know how much I love baking provided I get the mood to bake it 😆 . I wanted to bake a cake for a long time and so I decided that I will and started searching for recipes. I visited Pioneer Woman website and what do I see? Chocolate sheet cake on their home page and of course, I had to try it 😀 . I realized I am missing some ingredients so I decided to substitute with stuffs which I had 😀 .
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cups Sugar
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 5 tablespoon Hershey’s no sugar chocolate sauce 😀
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- ½ cups Buttermilk
- 2 whole Beaten Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coffee granules
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- Since I didn’t have a sheet, I decided to bake it in a glass serving dish which was large 🙂 . Then spray the cooking butter over the pan and then sprinkled some flour on top.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and hot water.
- Then add the chocolate sauce once it cools and all the butter is melted.
- Pour over flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool.
- In a measuring cup, pour the buttermilk and add beaten eggs, baking soda, and vanilla. Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture.
- Pour into cake pan and bake at 350-degrees for 30 minutes.
It does taste like brownie. If you have sweet tooth, then I guess you could add 1/2 cup more sugar. But if you are making a frosting then this sweet is ok. I then added a layer of honey on top before serving 🙂 .