I know that I talked about stuffs to buy before the baby is born and now I thought it would be perfect to talk about stuffs for 5+ month old. Since Baby A was a preterm baby, we started her solid food little bit late but usually they start at 4 months 🙂 . These are the lists of stuffs which suited my daughter but again some other baby might prefer different stuffs. But I just want to tell you What to look out for but you can make the final decisions.
Always keep an eye on sale or bargains because as I told you before baby stuffs are expensive 🙂 . I usually do a list of stuffs to buy and keep an eye on sale, otherwise I always go for Amazon which is the best ever. You always find some bargains over there. If only I have a cash back with Amazon, I would have got atleast $500 :D, I always end up buying from there.
- Bottles – I already told you that most of the ladies in USA prefer Dr. Brown’s either the standard size or the wide necked depending on your baby. But since then, I have got some other brand bottles and I have noticed that Dr. Brown’s is the best. The reason being when the baby sucks the nipple too quickly, it creates a vacuum in the nipple and it gets stuck together which will stop the milk flowing in the nipple. But the Dr. Brown’s has never done that to me and I think its fantastic and superb value for the money. Again check out Amazon since it had the lowest price for them.
- Feeding Bowl – Once you start solid feeding, you will definitely need the bowls. Make sure you buy them with lids on them so that it will be easy to carry during travel. Get atleast 4-6 numbers.
- Spoon – Get lot of spoon with soft tipped so that it won’t hurt the babies gums. Get atleast 4-6 numbers.
- Silicone Bib – Best invention ever 😀 . Seriously, I don’t know why I didn’t get this from the first. During her 5th month, I was using the cloth bib and I used to put them in laundry after each feed and then sometimes I would not have any since everything was in laundry. But after getting this last month, I am so relieved 🙂 . It made my life so easy. I usually wash this after i finish feeding and its perfect for travel because you can feed the baby on the go and just wipe the bib with wet wipes after you finish it 😀 .
- Sippy Cup – I think this depends on the baby. I got the one with a soft nipple but she started chewing on the nipple and instead of drinking water she started playing with it. So I decided to get a new one with hard tip so that i can just tip them in her mouth and she has to drink it.
- Onsies – I always prefer the Carter brand because I have seen the difference in quality with others. The other tend to be thinner and gets old very quickly. Even though they are very expensive, wait for the sale and stock up 🙂 . You can see sales on the department stores or even in the carter website. But for onsies, I have found the best bargain and you can see them in Ross stores. I love that store. Just last week, I got a 3-pack onsie for about $6 but it retails for about $ 18.
- Playsuit – You have to stock up these during winters as well but get some fancy ones for travel. I found it to be very useful during our travel to Vancouver. The hotel had an a/c so I found this best during night so that I don’t have to worry about her getting chilly.
- Natural bath products – I want to use natural ingredients on my babies’s skin. Even though Johnson&Johnson is sort of inexpensive, I still want to use some good natural ones. So I got the Dr. Woods baby liquid soap. This is really good and the smell reminds me of J&J baby soap 🙂 . I still use the J&J natural baby shampoo.
- Baby Cereal – There are lots of brands out there and you can choose what ever you want. But again I wanted to get the organic ones for my baby. The first one I got was the Gerber Rice and Oatmeal one. Then I started getting the Earth’s best which are organic cereals and its the same price as Gerber in Target 🙂 . I got the Rice, Oatmeal and Multi-grain. I also got the Beechnut brand since I got coupon for them to try for free 😀 .
- Baby Vegetable & Fruits – I haven’t started making them at home. I still get the store brand Gerber for her. I have started her on Sweet Potato, squash, peas and banana. She hates carrot, apple and pears, but I think that I have to try again. Since I am feeding her half a bottle of the veggies, it works out fine for me.
- Teething Gel – Get a baby Orajel but remember that it numbs the gums just for some minutes so its not permanent.
- Ibuprofin – Get the baby Ibuprofin once the baby starts teething because they will have low grade fever most of the time.
- Paper – 😀 , I know you are thinking what? but babies love tearing paper and usually we end up giving her the flyers and posts which we don’t need. Also remember they have very limited attention span so they will be ok with the paper for about 20-30 min and then they will move on 😀 .
- Baby Carrier – Even though we got one a long time ago, we never used it much and I thought it was a waste of money but apparently its fantastic during teething because they want you to hold them all the time and you arms ache (believe me, I know) and I realized this is a fantastic product during that time.