Greetings from half way around the world

So you all know about my vacation, I just wanted to tell you all about my experience while travelling with a baby ๐Ÿ™‚ and also to rant about the travelling as well ๐Ÿ˜€ . Did I already mention the 27 hrs travel? ๐Ÿ˜€ . We woke up by 6.30 am on Thursday and I just couldn’t go back to sleep, I guess I was excited about the trip. So got ready by 8.30 am and I started feeling guilty about leaving our kitties ๐Ÿ˜ฆ . It happens all the time when I leave them.

So our taxi dropped us off in the airport and hubby thought we were going by Continental airlines. So we carried 4 suitcase, 2 hand luggage, 1 backpack, 1 diaper bag and of course my handbag to the counter and the person there told us to go to Delta airlines. We then again carried all those to Delta airlines and what do you know? the ticket says American Airlines ๐Ÿ™„ seriously, can you not look at the ticket before going to the counter. And it was on the other end of the airport and I was frustrated by the time we reached there.

At least the security check wasn’t bad, I was so worried about Baby A in the airplane. I went around the shops in the airport while hubby was having his back massage ๐Ÿ˜€ in the airport. I found the Body shop where they were having massive sale. Of course, 2 of my favorite products was on sale and I had to get it ๐Ÿ˜€ . Our flight was about 4 hrs to Chicago and it was actually not bad. Baby A was playing most of the time and she slept for an hour or so. When we reached there, we had to go to another terminal to catch our flight Etihad to Abu Dhabi.

I have to say I was surprised that they didn’t have priority to people with children or older people. We had to all go by the seat number ๐Ÿ˜ฆ . Once we were in the seat, it was not so bad. Did I mention that Baby A had her own seat ๐Ÿ˜€ and that is one of the best decision ever :yay: . We got a car seat for her seat and she slept in it most of the time. I was surprised to see a plug-in every seat for charging and we checked in all our chargers :roll:.

Do I have any negative comments about the airlines? of course I do. They didn’t have enough air hostess ๐Ÿ™„ . By the time the food came through to our seat, it took them 30 min and I was so damn hungry that I was ready to just go there and grab our food. And the food was ok. By the time, we landed in Abu Dhabi and reached our gate, we were so tired since we both couldn’t sleep in the flight. I do like the airport, its clean. They didn’t understand that we could keep our car seat in the flight seat. Seriously, we just came from Chicago in your flight and we have a sticker in there which says its airline safe ๐Ÿ™„ .

We reached Chennai an hour late and of course our suitcases was the last one to arrive ๐Ÿ™„ . By the time we came out of the airport, we all were so tired. Baby A was getting cranky by the time we reached home. She didn’t like the new environment and she hated sleeping in the car seat. We reached home by 7 amย Saturdayย morning ๐Ÿ™‚ . Mom made us some idli and sambar and we had a nice breakfast.

I also decided to visit my favorite parlor called cut it out in Besant Nagar which I have already reviewed before ๐Ÿ™‚ . I have already booked with my favorite stylist. So I went there by 10.15 am and I got a hair spa treatment along with a ย haircut. I did want to go shorter but I had this nightmare of remembering the time I had a A-line haircut with a fizzy hair ๐Ÿ˜ฆ , that was plain disastrous but I did cut of about 2 inches and have lot of ย layers in my hair.

Then by evening we had to go to shops to buys stuffs for Baby A for her b’day and had dinner at Saravana Bhavan ๐Ÿ™‚ . By the time we came home we were so tired, the jet lag was catching up with us. We slept like anything with the baby inbetween us in the bed which was not a good idea since baby A is a roller ๐Ÿ™„ . Yup, she rolls all over the bed thereby taking our space as well.

We then left to Hyderabad and I absolutely dreaded the flight and Baby A was screaming for the first 20 min which is so tiring for us as well. She is finding itย difficultย not to have anything familiar around her. She is still not used to the tiles in the floor and sharing the bed doesn’t agree with her as well. But we were getting used to it and today she got sick with flu ๐Ÿ˜ฆ . She has stuffy nose, runny nose and cough as well and I seriously hope that she won’t get worse.

Still tough week ahead of more travel and I am dreading it. Maybe I will blog about it next week about the rest of the travel ๐Ÿ™‚ .


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s