This is going to be one of my new series where I have tried and tested the products for at least 6 months to a year. I thought it would be fun to tell you all about my opinion after I have used it for a long time 🙂 .
Hubby got me a HTC HD7 which is a windows phone during December 2010 when it was released. It was a new concept and I was excited about it. After using it for almost 18 months, I think I call write a review about pros and cons, not in the view of a technie geek but a view from a mom who is not a geek. Since I haven’t used iphone or even Samsung galaxy, I can’t compare it with them.
For the first few months, I was totally into playing with my phone, downloading most of the free apps to try it out 😀 and then checking out the tips and tricks and use them. Then I found some good apps which is quite useful and I do like playing with it. So here goes my review 🙂
- The first thing which I like about this phone is the tiles on the front page. I like the fact that you can pin a lot of stuffs on you front page. I have my hubby tile on the front page and with just one click I can get access to all his details. You can even connect his phone number with his facebook and the tile shows you if he has updated in facebook or even if he sends you a message. You can also pin your profile in the first page so that you can update status easily.
- I love that you can search the people or the apps by alphabets 🙂 . I hate scrolling it till you find what you are looking for.
- Its sleek and thin with a large screen.
- You can combine all you calender with your phone 🙂 . Ex, google calender, phone Calender, etc
- Skydrive. It’s absolutely brilliant. It store all my photos taken from the phone camera and also some of the documents. I have some onenote docs where I store some stuffs to check out. Also its brilliant to write your ideas on the go.
- Setting are not a problem for me where Nokia was absolutely a nightmare for me 😦 .
- Apps I love : AccuWeather, Animal Sound Box (For baby), Countdown Delux, Groupon, MyUnit, OneBusAway, SoundHound(when you want to know the singer and title of a song, you use this. Its fantastic), Skype (thank god, they finally have this in wp7) , TuneIn Radio, World Clock(to check timings on different countries) and Tasks (this is my fav of the bunch, since you can have different project and do the tasking).
- Since I am not into games, I usually don’t have much collections. I do like the jewels and word search.
- Love that you can just tap the center to take a picture where I can remember before the mango update, it was nightmare. You have to press the button to take a pic and most of the time its shaky 🙂 .
- Good camera quality and I even take videos in them and I like it. 5 megapixel with auto focas.
- I can check all my mail in the phone 😀 and I don’t even use my laptop for them 🙂 .
- 16 gb internal memory (yayy)
- The first think which I hate is that you have limited color change of the tiles 😦 . Common, seriously let me count them. Its 10 🙄 . You can do better than that. I want a lot of colors and even better I would love to change the colors of each tiles 🙂 .
- After sometimes, It gets boring 😦 . I want something new and exciting once in atleast 3 months 🙂 .
- Alarms – You cannot use your songs in them. I especially like using devotional songs for the alarm but I cannot do that here.
- I would definitely want more fun apps like iphone 🙂 .
- Wish they make the blingy case for these phone which are easily accessible just like iphone.
Did I miss something? you can tell what it is. Does any of you gets bored with your more than a year old phone or is it just me 😀 . Hope you like this series, I am thinking of doing it for baby stuffs as well 🙂
P.S. Baby A and me are still sick 😦 . Both of us have stuffy nose and I think it’s maybe due to the weather change 🙂 .