I absolutely love looking at food blogs because you can be inspired and get ideas. I was searching for some dessert recipes since I have guests coming over for dinner tonight and I found this recipe and I fell in love with it. I HAD to try it. I love coconut milk and pudding/payasam who doesn’t love it🙂 . I found the original recipe from here but I changed some ingredients to suit me😀 .
Ingredients1 1/2 cup tapioca seeds 3 cups coconut milk (drinking variety, found in the milk section near soy, almond milk, etc) 1 can of coconut milk (cooking variety) 1 1/2 cup of sugar 2 tsp of Pure Vanilla essence 12 pods of cardamom, powdered/crushed handful of cashew nuts, broken handful of raisins 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds 2 tbsp ghee
- Soak the tapioca seeds in coconut milk (drinking variety) overnight.
- Place them in the stove and add the can of coconut milk (full fat). Let it boil in a medium heat. Stir occasionally so that the seeds don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once it is boiling, add the vanilla, cardamom and sugar. Stir them and let it boil for 10 min.
- In a separate pan toast the sesame seeds till its light brown and keep them separately.
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsp of ghee and fry the broken cashew buts till its brown and keep them aside.
- Then add the raisin and fry till they get swollen and keep aside.
- Finally add the fried cashews and raisins to the pudding and stir them.
- Serve the pudding in a dish with toasted sesame seeds on top😀.
They tasted amazing, but I think I should have reduced the amount of sugar at least for me but hubby thought it was good😀 . Add sugar to your taste but this vegan dessert is fantastic version of our normal Payasam. Thank God It came out good😆 .