I have been on the kick for finding natural cleaning products and I found this recipe for Granite Cleaner. Nowadays everyone’s kitchen has a granite and it is very important to protect them longterm. The granite has a protective coating on top which makes them look shiny and harsh chemicals from the all purpose cleaner leaches them away during long-term. So I decided to try this DIY Granite cleaner which is more safer. I found this recipe by Fabulously Frugal blog.
The ingredients are simple and you have them in your home. I have used them for about 2 months and I love it. It is cheaper than the normal cleaner and I love adding different essential oil every time. If I make one batch, it lasts me for about a month or so.
- 1/2 cup Isopropyl alcohol, 70%
- 2 cups Water
- 8-10 drops Dawn Dish Soap
- 10 drops of Essential oil. I use Tea Tree oil or Lavender oil or Rosemary oil.
- Spray Bottle, I got them in Dollar Tree.
- With the help of a funnel, add the alcohol and followed by water into the spray bottle.
- Then add the Dawn dish soap and the essential oil into the spray bottle.
- Give it a shake so that it will mix and use them.
- You can add more or less essential oil depending on how strong a scent you want.
Try it and see. I don’t know if it’s just me, but my granite shines every time I clean with this cleaner 🙂 .